Marine Placement Assistant (Viking Crew, Dover)
Status: Full time
Viking Crew based in Dover, is the leading Cruise Ship and Superyacht Crew Management specialists primarily offering career opportunities globally for Officers & Crew of all positions.
We have an opening for a Marine Placement Assistant
to join our team, working within the busy recruitment department. Main duties include:
- Administration responsibilities
- Sight all application forms
- Process application forms, including emails
- Maintain applicant tracking computer records and in-house online candidate database.
- Administer all candidates/applicants records and ensure all information is current
- Contact applicants and employers and keep both informed regularly
- Establish good relations with Client and applicants, acting with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Ensure applicants are aware of any potential health risks through the checking of ISM and safety standards on board vessels
- Reference check candidates if necessary and required by the clients.
- Matching clients needs with high calibre candidates.
- Matching candidates needs with the right position.
- Prepare and attend interviews on behalf of client
- Ensure applicants are aware of all Clients unique requirements and the culture of the Clients company
- Promote the interest of both the Client’s organisation and our own
- Maintain good communications with all individuals here, at all times, to keep continuity within organisation
- Maintain utmost confidentiality and discretion at all times
- A requirement to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the person’s level in the organisation
Experience within an office environment is desired. Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills are required, which should include use of Microsoft Office.
This role is Full Time, working Monday to Friday, 9am – 5.30pm based at Viking’s Head Office based in Whitfield, Dover.
Cruise Placement Consultant & Yacht Placement Consultant
Due to continued growth Viking Crew are seeking two motivated individuals to joins it team, based at our head office in Dover. The two openings are for positions working within our Placement Department, with one focusing on Cruise Deck, Engine and Technical Placement and a second position working on Interior and Hotel Positions for our super yacht clients.
Status: Full Time
Working with our international portfolio of diverse clients the roles will select, source and interview candidates for a wide range of roles. The right candidate will need to be an excellent administrator, well-motivated and a first class communicator, as well as being super organised and a self-starter. Whilst working in a team, candidates need to be able to work on their own. This position is office based in Dover, but there could be some travelling required to attend travel fayres, ship visits, interview days and other industry related events as and when required.
The ideal candidate could have previous experience of working either onboard a cruise ship or yacht and is now looking for a shore based role, whilst continuing their career in the marine industry.
We offer an attractive package, working within our modern facility based just outside Dover.
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Working within our dedicated Placement Team
- Salary DOE
To apply for one of the above vacancies, please email your CV through to Paul Rutterford stating which position you are interested in.