Yacht Salaries and Crew Benefits- What will I Earn?
As an industry, not only does yachting offer crew a competitive salary package, it also comes with a number of other benefits.
Salaries depend on a variety of different factors, these can include:
- Previous experience
- Additional Skills (Masseuse/Nurse/Personal Trainer etc)
- Size of the vessel (bigger doesn’t always mean better)
- Leave package
- Motor or Sail
- Whether the yacht is private or charter (On a charter yacht you could receive tips, however on a private boat you will generally get a higher base salary)
Other benefits can include
- Health/Accident Insurance
- Flights to and from the vessel
- Basic toiletries
- Additional training/courses
Depending on the vessel operation, you can be paid in different currencies including GBP, EURO or USD etc. Every yacht is different and the salaries are just a guide. Leave packages are different for each yacht and can depend on their operation. Holiday is accrued for length of time onboard, or some yachts offer a rotational schedule.
Entry level Deckhands and Steward/ess should be expecting around €2,500 Euros per month. Day work is usually paid around €100-€120 Euros per day with lunch included.
Do not offer to work for free Ensure you cover your own taxes (this will not be done for you)
For more advice please visit our webpage- Green Crew or contact one our team