Best tips to apply for a job at sea
When applying for a job at sea, there is a list of Do’s and Don’ts that you should consider during your application process. Our team has narrowed it down to the 8 best tips to apply for a job at sea.
The Application Process:
- Do save all the details of the job (including advert/description and requirements) when applying. Once the position hits its closing date, you may not be able to access this online and may need them to prepare for your interview.
- Do read the job requirements (listed on the job description) and assess if your experience/profile matches with the job you are applying for.
- Do upload your updated CV into our database. Ensure you have added your most recent employment onto your resume, it is also recommended to have a recent Head & Shoulders Photo attached to your Personal Information section on your profile.
- Do keep your CV as concise as possible – 2-3 pages maximum. If it is too long, we may miss out on the important parts of your experience.
- Do check your application/CV for any spelling or grammar mistakes. We recommend that you ask someone else to proof-read it.
- Don’t send unclear or blurry copies of your references/evaluations or other supporting documentation. If you do not have a scanner at home, we recommend using a free App on your smartphone – e.g. Cam Scanner, Genius Scan, etc.
- Don’t send your CV with an empty email message. When sending over your CV to a recruiter or agency it is recommended to write a short cover letter to support your application for that job role.
- Don’t write a long story about your career history! Do address the specific job description and role in a coherent and structured way.
Visit our job page to find the latest job in the industry now!
If you're new to this industry and don't know where to start, our sister company Maritime Skills Academy can provide you with all the courses you need to start your new career!
For any other queries, contact our team today!